dinsdag 4 maart 2014

The condom issue

I went out last sunday night. It was my very first club experience. I had been to pubs, cafes and all that kind of stuff, but on Sunday we went to a legit club. Was I excited? I was excited. My mom knew for sure, that it wasn't for me. She sees me more as a pub person.. (I really have no idea what that has supposed to mean, but okay). I was a night full with Reggae, R&B, dancehall and o.. the men were gorgeous.

It felt like all the beautiful man decided to come to that particular club on that particular night. I was very pleased with this fact, I mean.. I'm single. I felt like a little kid in a candy shop.

The fact that there were countless hot men, got me thinking. Our plan was to go dancing, have fun, dance some more, and head home after that. But was if there's someone and the sexual tension gets so high.. should I have been prepared? There was no sex planned, but can sex be planned?

I wondered.. does it make me a slut if I bring a condom with me, just in case?

We all know, that after a few drinks, our limits get a bit blurry and important things, don't seem that important anymore. When you're drunk a pregnancy after a one-night-stand looks like something that will only happen to other people, and an STI.. nahh.. this person looks clean.

Just to be clear, I didn't bring anyone home that night. But what if I wanted to. Are we women, allowed to assume that mean bring the proper 'tools'?

I'm still not sure what I'll do next time, because YES!, there will be a next time. Nothing happened this time, but in my opinion you're not a slut when you bring a condom when you're going out, or wherever you want to take a condom with you. I know enough women who bring a condom with them to everyday things! Not judging them. Why make a problem of a prepared woman?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten