maandag 17 februari 2014

How social media runs our love lives.

Does it make me desperate? Waiting for an answer for a question I asked on Facebook chat.. Maybe, I mean probably. But I just can't help it. As soon as I say something to a certain someone I need a response right a way. First minute of waiting: hmmm, I could have said it in another way. Minute 2: god.. I definitely said it the wrong way.  Minute 3: I lost a friend. Minute 4: that's it, I can better move to another planet. I can go on like that, but that's just how my mind works. After the person replies, I will close the Facebook screen and wait for a few minutes before I respond, I do not wan't to look like a stalker, you know.

I am waiting for a reply know. And while typing this, I can't help but wonder, how impatient are people these days? We know how late we said a certain something, how late they received it, read it, and how late they were online. We get mad when people are not replying right away.

What's up with all these different types of communicating with each other, does it really make us more social or is it just a way, of being even more occupied with the idea of knowing what other people do. I have to admit that I can't go a day without checking twitter. I have to know what my friends do, with who and how they feel about it. This is horrible, because when I read about them having fun with someone else, the only emotion I feel, is jealousy. When there are no updates, I'm annoyed. I have to know what they do.

Has social media really brought some nice things? Probably. My dad always mentions the fact of getting in touch with people they used to know. But once you know their story there's nothing left interesting about their lives you want to know. And is there really something you want them to know about your life. Probably only the big things that make you feel happy and popular. But that's just not how things work.

Still waiting for a certain someone to reply. Time to leave.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten