maandag 24 februari 2014

The one night stand

One of my very good friends threw a party ones. I am telling you, she's the best at throwing parties. The week before she told me about a hot guy she wanted to invite. I told her to do it.. and she did. It was her cousins ex. No-go zone, you would say, but at the beginning of the night they were already passionately kissing and touching each other shamelessly in front of all of the guests. I was drunk, everybody was drunk, we didn't think much of it. It was amazing. It was one of these parties you hear about, but never actually go to, parties you see on TV shows and in films. There was way to much to drink, people were nice to each other, there was music and there was a lot of kissing. I drank to much to early and only partied for two hours until I was already lying in my bed puking. This sounds like a Geordie Shore party, and that's exactly what it felt like.

I woke up in the middle of the night, still drunk, in the room of my friend. I heard something but was to drunk to understand what it really was. Later, when I woke up again, I figured out what this moaning was about. My dear friend was having sex with her cousins ex. She was having her very first one night stand with me in the room next to her.

The next day she told me everything, she really liked him. I was surprised; wasn't regret the appropriate emotion after a one night stand?

I couldn't help but wonder: is it possible to start a relationship with a person you already had sex with, before you really get to know him/ her. Now I know that it is possible. The friend and her cousin's ex are still together, and if I may believe her stories, she has never been happier.

I, myself, have experienced my first one night stand this weekend. Yes. Me, the 'first time should be special' kind of girl, had sex with a complete stranger. I can't tell that I feel any regret, nor butterflies like my friend. I was drunk, yes, I did not really think it through, but why not just do it when it feels good? (The fact that the guy told me he had a girlfriend afterwards is of course another story.)

In a few years, when I think about my life and all the big things that happened, this will probably not something I'll be proud of. But I'm young, I should have fun, right? I'm okay with the fact that I'll never see the guy again, and I'm okay with the fact that my first time wasn't very special. So I think other people should be too.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten